We are always accepting resumes from experienced transcribers. Our transcription jobs are work-from-home “on-call/as needed” positions and our transcribers must live in the Los Angeles area. We are currently only accepting resumes for the position of TRANSCRIBER. Please do not submit for any other position.
Alpha Dog Transcription is an entertainment based post-production transcription service. Our projects include narrative and television shows, reality TV programming, as well as other material such as group seminars, company meetings, focus groups and certified transcription.
Transcription is highly detailed work with strict deadlines. We are looking for exceptionally reliable transcriptionists with ENTERTAINMENT TRANSCRIPTION EXPERIENCE. Most work will be downloadable from our FTP site but you may also be required to pickup and drop off transcription jobs from our Van Nuys office. Our transcribers work on an “on-call/as-needed” basis and we cannot guarantee a specific amount of work per day/week/month to any transcriber at any given time.
To be considered for a transcriber position you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Own a reliable computer (MAC or PC) with high speed internet access, with DVD drive and a current version of Office Word (Works, WordPerfect, Notepad or other word processing programs are not acceptable) as well as Quicktime, Windows Media Player or other multi-media software.
- Have a proficient knowledge of computers and be able to upload/download from an FTP site, convert files as needed, and troubleshoot your computer and software on your own.
- Have transcription software with a foot pedal on your computer.
- Be skilled at touch-typing above 65 WPM.
- Be completely fluent in English with excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Have the patience and stamina to type for several hours at a time.
- Have a familiarity with post-production terminology.
- Have a personal and professional commitment to accuracy, quality work, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Be willing to be hired as a 1099 contract worker, have appropriate I-9 identification (U.S. Employment Eligibility Verification), and sign a non-disclosure agreement with our company.
If you meet all the above requirements, you will need to:
- Send us a cover letter and a resume with your transcribing experience.
- Complete a transcription skills test with a passing score of 90% or above.
- Come to an interview with one of the owners of the company at our office.
- Train and familiarize yourself with our Transcription Procedures Packet.
We realize this is lengthy list of requirements, but we are highly selective when hiring transcribers.
If you believe you would be a valuable asset to our transcription team, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Resumes@AlphaDogTranscriptions.com . We will contact you if we are interested in having you take the next step toward a transcriber position.
Please do not call our main office line. We will simply refer you back to this page.